A durable blade holding the keenest of edges while prepping vegetables, fruits, meats, aromatics and herbs, the KIYA Western-Style Chef Knife with Hitachi HAP 72 Steel Blade is perfectly designed to slice, chop, dice and shred. This Gyuto knife can be used across its length to slice large quantities in the classic French manner with the eight-inch-blade giving added leverage to ease hand fatigue. Precise mincing is aided by the almost flat edge at the tip.
The HAP 72 steel used in a KIYA knife measures 68 to 69 on the Rockwell C scale ensuring a long lasting edge. Artisans drawing from centuries of Japanese blade making, European design and modern production methods craft knives to create gourmet delights with a flair in your American kitchen.
10-Year KIYA Limited Warranty. Inscription on blade reads: Kiya Nihonbashi Cutlery Shop. Box reads: Nihonbashi. High quality kitchen knife. Kiya Special Selection.
Blade length: 7.87 inches (200 mm)
Total length: 12.28 inches (312 mm)
Made in Japan
We offer Free Shipping for all orders to the contiguous United States; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING - $0 option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A. and Canada.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 100 days of the delivery date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic and safety reasons, we unfortunately can't accept used products. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after purchase will receive store credit, since a refund will not be granted by the financial institutions that process credit card payments after that time period.
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures click here (opens in a new tab).