Manufactured by an artisan using a simple but effective design, the KIYA Umeji Hand-forged Kamagata Knife is a high-quality tool that can be used to cut either meats or vegetables. The short profile of its blade possesses a curved edge that rises from the start to meet the descending point, enabling the user to stabilize this Japanese-influenced Santoku knife on the cutting board for precision cutting. Combined, these factors make this carbon steel chef knife a familiar fit in the hands of North American customers, while the VG-1 steel used in its manufacture ensures that it cuts smoothly and resists corrosion. A handle made of beautiful, polished, striped ebony wood completes its appearance, lending it a simple but nonetheless distinguished air that is well-suited to the domestic kitchen.
KIYA’s origin lies in Isuke Kato, a man who founded a cutlery shop and was permitted to name it after a prestigious business group called the same. Having specialized in the manufacture of kitchen knives since 1792, it should come as no surprise to learn that KIYA is one of the most respected brands in Japan, one that is either equal to or better than famous brands such as Shun, Moritaka, and Masamoto.
10-Year KIYA Limited Warranty. 100% forged by hand. Inscription on front of blade reads: Nihonbashi shop. Back of blade: Product of Umeji. Characters on wooden box: Product of Umeji. Kitchen knife. Kiya Special Selection. Nihonbashi.
Blade length: 7.09 inches (180 mm)
Total length: 11.81 inches (300 mm)
Handmade in Japan
We offer Free Shipping for all orders to the contiguous United States; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING - $0 option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A. and Canada.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 100 days of the delivery date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic and safety reasons, we unfortunately can't accept used products. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after purchase will receive store credit, since a refund will not be granted by the financial institutions that process credit card payments after that time period.
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures click here (opens in a new tab).