Designed to handle a range of duties, the KIYA Honkasumi Japanese Kamagata knife is a Japanese interpretation of the European chef knife. The kamagata blades on these carbon steel kitchen knives possess double-ground edges for increased cutting capabilities, while their triangular blades enable them to be stabilized for superior control over their more precise tips. Despite the European influence in the design of these all-purpose kitchen knives, their manufacture is Japanese through and through. Each one of these knives requires the partnership of two skilled craftsmen. One craftsman to hammer the Yasuki Shirogami steel together and one craftsman to hone it to a razor-sharp edge. These professional cooking knives bear inscriptions that announce their heritage, while their handles recall Japanese sensibilities. Each one of the handles is octagonal in shape, made using a combination of magnolia wood and horn harvested from the water buffaloes so common in Japan.
KIYA is a manufacturer of Japanese knives that is unafraid to use new sources of inspiration even as it continues to draw on the best of its rich experience. It is this measured but innovative approach to business that has seen it rise to become one of the most famous names in Japan. Despite the changes that have overtaken it in the centuries since, the modern KIYA shares the same commitment to excellence as the small shop that opened in 1792.
10-Year KIYA Limited Warranty. Box reads: Nihonbashi. High quality kitchen knife. Kiya Special Selection.
Blade length: 7 inches (180 mm)
Total length: 12.40 inches (315 mm)
Made in Japan
We offer Free Shipping for all orders to the contiguous United States; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING - $0 option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A. and Canada.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 100 days of the delivery date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic and safety reasons, we unfortunately can't accept used products. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after purchase will receive store credit, since a refund will not be granted by the financial institutions that process credit card payments after that time period.
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures click here (opens in a new tab).