This practical medium-size chef’s knife with double-sharpened blade shares similar characteristics with its larger 10” Kiya brother, but is easier to use in confined spaces when you might share the worktable with the sous chef. An ergonomically designed handle and chunky heel puts you in full control when cutting ingredients to perfection. Your grip is as secure when you dice meat for casseroles or shape tender fillet medallions. This splendid example of the knife maker’s art is equally adept for chopping vegetables and dicing them for delicious soups.
German engineering company Bohler Bleche rolled the grade N680 stainless steel for the tang and knife blade, and shipped it directly to Japan, where renowned cutlers Kiya have manufactured blades since 1793. Order this fine knife with the utmost confidence in its quality. With a little care, it will last a lifetime.
- Double-ground edge capable of cutting through meats and vegetables
- 8" length gives increased maneuverability
- Finest German steel gives the knife strength and durability
- Name inscribed on side of blade to ensure authenticity
10-Year KIYA Limited Warranty. Inscription on blade reads: Kiya Nihonbashi Cutlery Shop.
Box reads: Nihonbashi. High quality kitchen knife. Kiya Special Selection.
Blade length: 7.87 inches (200 mm)
Total length: 12.79 inches (325 mm)
Made in Japan
We offer Free Shipping for all orders to the contiguous United States; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING - $0 option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside U.S.A. and Canada.
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 100 days of the delivery date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic and safety reasons, we unfortunately can't accept used products. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after purchase will receive store credit, since a refund will not be granted by the financial institutions that process credit card payments after that time period.
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures click here (opens in a new tab).